XOBall is tackling the growing concern in mental health with a therapeutic sport-based service. uVIP provides an engaging and accessible outlet, exclusively for youth facing a variety of behavioural and emotional challenges.
We believe that all children have unique Value, unique Importance and unique Potential – uVIP.
An All Party Parliamentary Group report in 2014 concluded that ‘there is no more efficient sporting vehicle than basketball to improve outcomes for individuals and communities …’. XOBall recognises this, and the uVIP programme is at the very core of it’s charitable objectives.
Benefitting children who face a variety of barriers in regular sports sessions, uVIP will help to improve childrens’ confidence and resilience. This will help them to thrive as they grow into responsible members of society.
• The sessions will be consistent.
• Participant numbers will be kept low.
• Multiple members of relevantly experienced Enhanced DBS certified coaches will be maintained.
• Rules, drills, skills etc will be logically explained, patiently and as many times as required for the individual.
• Children will be given a level of control within the session structure.
• Both practical and written exercises will be available to keep the participants positively engaged and stimulated.
• There will of course be an emphasis on fun in a group setting.
• Full support will be provided to help participants attend every session.
We understand that every individual has different needs. Evenwithin those given a particular diagnosis, our staff will still need time to become familiar with each child’s unique traits and virtues. Home visits by staff prior to the session are available and are encouraged to build familiarity, as are discussions with parents.
Te get involved, please contact us using the links at the top right of the window.